Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Filling the void

I've seen C a couple of times now and she's a really sweet girl, but I'm using her to fill a void in my life. She now knows that I'm recently out of a long term open relationship, however I have not (and don't plan to) get into any details other than that. I feel bad using her as I don't like to use people, but with her knowing a little bit about my past I tell myself that she knows what she's getting herself into; I just hope I'm right. The few times I've been with C I know it's just to have someone there to talk to....to listen to; but in doing so it only makes me miss J more. My mind constantly wandering to what she's doing, how her evening's going, what we'd be doing if she were with me right now. Does it make me a bad person to want someone around? I told J that I'm dating so soon not only to fill the void she's left but also to find something else in my life. The years we spent together I lived for us, for our future. That was my goal in life; everything I did was to advance our dream....a house we built together and 4-5 large dogs....now I'm struggling to find something....anything to live for. I know filling the void only lasts for a couple of hours, but it allows me to be in the moment and not grasping for something that's no longer there. It's felt like months since J and I broke up by it was only 2 weeks ago yesterday that she asked me to move back into our homey. In time I'll find something new to live for....a new goal....but until then I know that I will just be filling the gigantic void in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment