Thursday, November 26, 2009

Savage

Last weekend Dan Savage was in Vancouver doing a talk and with J being one of his biggest fans we attended, accompanied by J's secondary partner, let's call him Z. If you've never been to a Dan Savage talk (I hadn't before Saturday) he answers unscreened anonymous audience questions and has an ability to respond to these questions in rapid succession that is amazing and his advice always seems so well thought out. He's a brilliant and incredibly funny man. And being anonymous questions from the audience there were some hilarious ones, leading to equally entertaining responses. I think we all left with sore cheeks. I'd love to share some of his advice but I wouldn't be able to do him justice, plus J always tells me I'm the worst person at re-telling stories (keep an eye out for her comments). Luckily it was filmed and I believe he's planning on posting it at some point; I'll make sure to link to it when I find it. [Or if anyone comes across it, I'd be grateful if you emailed it to me so I can post a link to it here]

[If you don't know who Dan Savage is he's the author of Savage Love, a column in a Seattle based newspaper called the Stranger, he's also an editor (check out the most recent column http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=2820617). ]

After the talk, J, Z and I stopped for some scotch (Z and I) and a martini for J (she says scotch tastes like burning...I don't disagree but it's oh so lovely burning). So with sex on the brain and liquor in our veins, the conversation inevitably turned to video games....seriously - really we're not that nerdy; but we sure have our moments. That conversation didn't last that long as J's attention quickly wavered (if we ever had it) and well, we all still had sore cheeks from the sex.......advice. So sex, rope, bondage and any other deviant thing that we could think of quickly took over.

Apparently I should be enrolling in a takedown class at the CSPC (Centre for Sex Positive Culture) in Seattle; not 100% sure what this entails but I already have volunteers to come watch, always glad for the support!

Z offered to tie me up but assured me that he wouldn't touch me with his cock (gee thanks! Yes we're both straight); I politely declined or at least until I can think of something to offer in return; I am hoping to take a suspension bondage class soon.......plus I think J would have way to much fun with this, I imagine her sitting in the corner giggling hysterical and snapping picture after picture. Bondage, Rope, Sex....yes a good evening of discussion was had by all.

And I must thank Dan for a fantastic evening; keep up the good work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment