Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bittersweet Gold

Watching Crosby slide the game winning goal underneath Ryan Miller's pad for the final gold medal of the Vancouver Olympics will be something I'll be able to tell friends and family for years to come. But as I sat there watching the Canadian team receive their medals tears of sadness welled up inside of me, drinking cold water was all I could do to prevent the tears from staining my cheeks. I realized that the one person who I wished I could be celebrating this victory with was celebrating it somewhere else with someone else. As I sat watching thousands of fans cheer for Canada all I could think about was J and how much I wished I could shared this moment with her; I'd give anything for that chance.

Home now listening to raucous cheering in the streets; the tears flow freely with a feeling of loneliness I never thought possible. Tomorrow I help her move out of what was once our home. Congratulations Canada.....bittersweet, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment