Thursday, February 18, 2010

Missing...

It's funny what you miss when you're not at home; living in a foreign bed and a foreign house. Especially when this was a time when I was supposed to be experiencing the Olympic spirit in my home town. As I write this I'm watching and listening to fireworks erupt at one of the Olympic venues and am reminded of a date long ago that led to so much joy in my life. Makes me long for the day and reminds me that I should be at that venue watching the sky light up. I imagine sitting outside bundled up in the cold with someone I'm in love with...with that same person wandering the city as alive as it is after a home town hockey win. It really is surprising what you miss when you're not home. You'd never think that things as routine as putting away the dishes....making salad.....feeding the dog.....watching TV.....would make you feel loss, but they do. It's an incredibly strange and foreign feeling, and one that I hope will end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment