Monday, February 8, 2010

Music

Someone turned me on to this song the other day and I can't seem to stop listening to it.... Falling Slowly by the Frames, which won an Oscar for best song in 2008:



Sometimes I wonder why we listen to sad and depressing music when you're feeling that way. It just feeds the fire, but I guess we are all gluttons for punishment. 2 other songs I can't seem to stop listening to when I'm feeling that way is Run by Snow Patrol and Mad World from the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. I would agree with you that it feeds the fire and we are all gluttons for punishement when listening to sad or depression music...yet, it serves it's purpose I suppose. I believe it is all part of the healing process. I know I have listened to Run as well as You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol with a box of tissues close at hand(along with a pint of ice cream..but shhh lol) in times like those. Great Blog, btw!! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoy the blog; pretty sure I'll keep writing. And yes, we all have a little bit of masochist in us (some more than others), which is why we torture ourselves....whether it helps or not I'm unsure but it helps you to continue feeling, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete