Thursday, February 11, 2010

Your Person

While I don't believe in soul mates nor that there is one person that can satisfy every need a individual has; I do believe that each of us has a person. Someone who you want to share everything with....someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.......someone you will always love the most and they you.....someone who will no matter what, always have a piece of your heart. With 6 billion people in the world (and growing), most people will never find their person, but for those of us lucky enough to find theirs we count ourselves blessed.

Finding your person does not guarantee you happiness, however; the relationship still needs to be worked on. It doesn't come as naturally as you might think. While you know what you want in the future, the present may be a different story. And while your person is yours for life you might not be for you right now. And that's the dilemma. How do you live knowing who your person is but that maybe you can't be with them today. Because if you are together today, the future you want and envision may not be there for you later on in life; but if you're not together today, there's no guarantee you will be able to be together in the future.

I count myself as one of the blessed few, however this is my dilemma....I wonder if my person and I are right for each other now and if we're not will there ever be a chance for us again?

No comments:

Post a Comment