Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TV

I have many blog ideas ready to go that are completely unrelated to J and I, but seeing as today I wrote J an email regarding our condo, she's been on my mind for most of the night and this topic fits much better with my current mood; which I feel bad about as it was completely unfair to my date for Shutter Island tonight. (Quick movie review: I wasn't expecting much but it was a brilliant story and not at all as scary as the trailers made it out to be; I highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it). Poor girl kept asking if I was ok, what was wrong and how my hand was...apparently I hit something Friday night, no idea was it was but I woke up with my hand looking like this:



It's still bruised and swollen, but getting better I think....yes I'm a guy and sometimes my emotions get the better of me.

What was the point of this post again? Oh right, TV....there are some TV shows that J and I have watched religiously over the years and with the power of the PVR I'd saved our favourites since we broke up as we had planned to get together as friends and watch them. As it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon I watched one....Chuck. Now Chuck has this one character played by Adam Baldwin, Casey, who was in Firefly (TV series from Joss Whedon...ok I'm a little bit of a TV nerd) and he is fantastic....from his mannerisms to growls to delivery. This episode was no different; but it was the first time I'd watched this show without J. So when Casey delivered this one line at the end of the episode it gave me goosebumps as I could hear as clear as day J saying with a cute little smile on her lips, "I love Casey," which brought a smile to my face, while at the same time making me sad. It really is the little things like this that you don't think about until they happen and affect you like they do; strange how life works.

No comments:

Post a Comment