Monday, January 11, 2010

Travel frustration

A week in Jamaica was just what everyone needs. 30 degrees and sunny....sitting on the beach....reading.....relaxing.....playing with J; really makes me want to get myself a 4-poster bed. All of which was much needed after a 12 hour travel day.

We were lucky enough to leave on the day that the TSA implemented the new travel restrictions. For those of you that haven't had to deal with them yet, take note. You are no longer allowed to take carry-on baggage when flying from Canada to the US, unless you're female in which case you can take your purse. And when I mean no carry-on I mean nothing, you can take a camera but no camera bag; you can take your laptop but no laptop bag. This is from Canada to the US!! I can see it now, a man is going to sue the government for reverse sexism because a woman can take her purse but her can't take his man purse; very interested to see how that'll turn out. I'm not sure how this going to prevent another underpants bomb; personally I don't think it'll prevent anything as its reactive and not preventative. I'm by no means an expert on security nor do I have any brilliant ideas; but I can see when something is just for show and as corny as this may sound the human spirit is what will prevent another incident; just as it did on the Christmas day flight.....I guess what I'm saying is beware when you travel and if you see something that you're unsure about take action. And pack accordingly unless you're going into the US from somewhere else...for instance going from Jamaica to the US you can take as much carry-on as you want. Not that I don't think Jamaica is a safe place but you'd think compared to Canada there would be more travel restrictions from Jamaica to the US than from Canada....but maybe that's just me.

I'm off to San Diego for a day on Sunday to go to a football game, typically I would be taking only carry-on but not this time....keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't make me miss kick-off.

And in my world of poly I have a date tomorrow with an Australian girl. Met at a bar on the weekend while she was participating in a Bachelorette party (no she's not the bride) and quite drunk; so it should be interesting to see how she is sober. I'll let you know how it goes.

Before I go I have to say that I have the best partner in the world. She has been incredibly happy for me and supportive as I date other women. I just hope that I can be as supportive of her with Z and her other partners. Thank-you J, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment