Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today is J's birthday, first one in 6 years that I won't have seen her on, let alone spent with her, and it leaves a void in my heart. I remember the first one we spent together; I had been dispatched to Saskatoon for work 2 weeks before and I made sure that the company paid for me to fly home the weekend of her birthday so that I could spend it with her. I'm the type of guy that goes overboard with presents (or at least that's what J always told me), I just always had so many ideas and didn't want to wait on something that I knew would be loved, enjoyed and cherished; life's short, why wait? Needless to say I'm at a bit of a loss today; 2 months ago I knew what I was going to get her and do for her birthday this year and knew she would've loved both; instead I had to go the way of a card and tickets to a couple of shows...great shows mind you....but not what I had in mind this year. And yes, we are trying to figure out how to be friends...is it hard? Of course it is...it's even harder seeing her only once or twice a week....but I don't think either one of us really wants the other to not be a part of their life....I know I don't.

J, whatever you're doing today; I hope you have a fantastic birthday...I'll be thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment